4.16.2008

April 16 2008 Screaming Peacocks take over Community


I went to the zoo today, so I was delighted to come home to 2 great wildlife stories. The first involves a menacing peacock colony in Florida and the second involves an Gator kidnapping by a dread head.
And then I came along a great CNN PSA on fear mongering. It was like I was watching an advisory ad by a tobacco company and I just wanted to smoke by the end of hearing how bad it is for your health. I was being told to fear in this society of fear and that the media played into that fear and that I had nothing to fear, because schools are safe and I shouldn't fear.
What I really fear is this video of Larry King interviewing the ladies of the sect. Their dresses make me crave jordan almonds. I love the end when they parrot each other. Not that I'm aware of. Not that I'm aware of. Not that I've ever seen. Not that I've ever seen. creepy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you might have to change the name of your blog after last night's pathetic excuse for a "debate" on ABC.

trgcostumes said...

I often wonder if the media dumbed down to suit the tastes of the American people or have the American people dumbed down to the blitzkrieg of pseudo-information. Either way I see this debate as a turning point. It appears that people are saying enough is enough. People might just be resistant to the transformation of a forum of ideas into entertainment tonight. I think people want content and the people will demand it.
"In these times you have to be an optimist to open your eyes when you awake in the morning." -Carl Sandburg

 
Clicky Web Analytics