- Bush personally picking up pope from airport
- Butter knife pulled from boy's head
- When your spouse is a slob
- 'Mother's' Harris: I have no problem with Britney
- 'Greedy' gals on trial in homeless killings
- Ticker: Obama mocks Clinton's whiskey shot
- Pit bull tears into tot, then teen leaps in
But the creativity in the word "sklorks" completely trumps all other non-content. To lure readers to this rather blase clip of an oyster eating contest, Cnn invents a word. I did some research and discovered the headline editor has been reading up on writing tips for kids. The exercise for young writers calls for the creation of "new words, especially sound words, like 'sklork.'" Although the headline editor did not actually create a word, merely used the example word in a sentence, at least someone over there is attempting to educate themselves.
Oh, and congratulations to "Deep Dish" Patrick, who looked sklorkingly vomitocious at his victory ceremony.